How to Keep Your Gums Healthy During Pregnancy
The gift of pregnancy is beautiful. For so many women, being pregnant is the most perfect and extraordinary period of their lives. But it is also essential that you consult with your dentist in North Tampa. When you are pregnant, plenty of responsibilities come with that, and taking care of your teeth is essential. For many women, routine dental visits are safe during pregnancy, even though you must let your dental office know what stage you’re in when you visit.
Sometimes when women have a high-risk pregnancy or another medical condition, your dentist might recommend postponing the treatment but giving you some tips to follow to maintain good oral care while enjoying your pregnancy process.
Tips to Maintain Healthy Mouth During Pregnancy
- Brush your teeth with your dentist’s suggestion about toothpaste with fluoride twice daily.
- Floss between your teeth every day.
- Use dental hygiene products that have the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
- Try to eat a well-balanced diet. In case you like to have a snack, eat in moderation.
- According to your dentist’s recommendations, have a dental checkup and professional cleaning.
- Consult your dentist on every concern if you have plaque and how to deal with that being at home.
- If you frequently vomit, as usual during the first months, try rinsing with a teaspoon of baking soda with water to help stop stomach acid from attacking your teeth.
Remember, during pregnancy, you’ll experience some changes. Try to be aware of the following things so you can enjoy your oral health while living your beautiful moment without worrying.
- Hormones like progesterone and estrogen will increase their levels in your body. This may increase your risk for oral health.
- You will change your eating habits. During pregnancy, you will probably eat more food or other foods that can affect your teeth.
Visit Your Dentist in North Tampa Today!
Ask all your concerns to your dentist once you find out you are pregnant. Overall health while you live this beautiful moment of your life is essential. Feel safe and secure, and trust in your dentist in North Tampa. Schedule your appointment now! We´ll be pleased to help you.